Welcome to the Green Pedometer

Can a hopelessly out-of-shape grandmother find fitness? This is the big question. My marathon running daughter keeps trying to encourage me. Her latest gifts to me include a running shirt and a green pedometer. Will I be ready to walk a 5K in less than 2 months? Stay tuned and find out.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Contests and the necessity of deadlines

Months ago, I received an entry form for the writing contest at a little arts festival in Wytheville, VA.   I have actually entered this contest before and won the short story division. They pay sixty buckeroos per winner.   So every year since, my entry form arrives in the mail and I have wonderful intentions.  I write story after story in my head.   I also write essays and poetry for those contest divisions.    All in my head.   They somehow never seem to make their way through my keyboard and into an entry envelope.    This year the deadline is May 15th.   I have great ideas.   And no discipline.  *sigh*
Did anybody notice that I failed to post an entry for yesterday?   I think I need a personal secretary to make me do this stuff.
Hey!   That's a great idea for a short story.............

1 comment:

  1. Get on it woman! I know exactly what you're talking about...still have a project for my son and his new wife. Maybe I should get off the dang computer and clean up my desk so I can finish it.

    ReplyDelete