Welcome to the Green Pedometer

Can a hopelessly out-of-shape grandmother find fitness? This is the big question. My marathon running daughter keeps trying to encourage me. Her latest gifts to me include a running shirt and a green pedometer. Will I be ready to walk a 5K in less than 2 months? Stay tuned and find out.

Monday, May 9, 2011

Discipline For Dummies and Other Hardships

Today is the second day of my attempt to develop the daily discipline of writing.  I'm already whining about it.   Can I count writing checks?  I'm good at that.  How about writing grocery lists....or appointments on my calendar.   Okay, I admit it.   I'm a Free Spirit.   I have absolutely not a single shred of discipline in my character.   My house is messy.   I scrounge around for something to fix for dinner 30 minutes before my husband is due to walk through the door.  I have a dozen knitting projects on the needles at once.  The only thing I am good at finishing is books....and then only if I like them. *sigh*   

I guess if one has not developed character by ....say.....the 50th birthday, then perhaps that person is not likely to have any. Ever.

I do keep up with laundry.   May I count that?????

No comments:

Post a Comment