Welcome to the Green Pedometer

Can a hopelessly out-of-shape grandmother find fitness? This is the big question. My marathon running daughter keeps trying to encourage me. Her latest gifts to me include a running shirt and a green pedometer. Will I be ready to walk a 5K in less than 2 months? Stay tuned and find out.

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

actualy met one goal today

The fractured kneecap is slowly returning to normal.  Only minimal pain now, so I managed to ride a stationary bike with no tension for half an hour this morning.  Yay!

Yesterday I had another lesion removed from my face.  Now, like several times before, I get to think about this until the biopsy report comes back.  Is it my imagination or my age that so many more people seem to face medical trials these days?   My thoughts lead me to try my hand at poetry again.....

 

  THE INTRUDER

He must have slunk in 
through the basement door.
Silently.
Stealthily.
Taking his time
unnoticed by me.
for how long
howlong?
Until he reared his devious devil head
and knocked me to my knees.
Perfect Pain.
Malevolent Misery.
My disintegration begins.
Chaos.
Confusion.
Cold.
Dark.
CANCER!

3 comments:

  1. You write beautifully. This is my first trip to your blog... oh my, Cancer!! I am so sorry. I hope your biopsy comes back negative. I know you are going to think about this until you get the results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry about your skin cancer- I had one years ago - but not that big. sandie

    ReplyDelete