Welcome to the Green Pedometer

Can a hopelessly out-of-shape grandmother find fitness? This is the big question. My marathon running daughter keeps trying to encourage me. Her latest gifts to me include a running shirt and a green pedometer. Will I be ready to walk a 5K in less than 2 months? Stay tuned and find out.

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Sunday thoughts

I rarely miss church.   It's usually the highlight of my week.   But today I am sporting a long incision down the side of my face with 7 ugly stitches holding it together.   Somehow, I just cannot bear to go to church and answer all the questions.   So I am going to church with Charles Stanley on TV today.   And David Jeremiah.   And Ed Young.   I have several preachers I follow on my satellite radio and feel like they are old friends.  It's a rare treat to catch them on TV because I am usually in my own church on Sunday.

But I do not get a day of rest today.   The two friends who were supposed to help my youngest child move out of his college apartment have found things to do that they think will be more fun.  I suspect they are right.   So the college boy, who is now a med-student, moved everything out by himself.   Everything except for one of those BIG HEAVY CARGO desks and a double bed.   Let me mention he is on a 3rd floor apartment.   And I am rehabbing a fractured patella.   I am a last resort.   The hubs is going to help.  God bless him!

Note to the finking out kids whom my son helped with their moves:   You reap what you sow.  Yes, jet-skiing is more fun than helping someone move out of a 3rd floor walk-up.   But you are breaking a promise.  YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW.  I know my son will forgive you, because that is the kind of kid he is.  And he will still be your friend.  And I am very proud of him :-)  But I doubt that he will be willing to help you move ever again.

What about you, readers.   Has anyone ever broken a promise to you?  

And does anybody know if a full sized mattress and boxsprings will fit in a Toyota Sequoia?   That desk is going straight to Goodwill.   I am NEVER going to have to move that thing again.

3 comments:

  1. Well darn! Those friends are not really friends after all. Maybe next time they need help your son will be busy.... but since he is such a nice boy, he would probably help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha - my kids never had friends to help them more out - we always did it - always wished we had a truck - but we had to rent that too!

    Going to church via the TV is okay!

    sandie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keeping one's word is so important...

    ReplyDelete